Variety is the key to why I enjoy what I do. Most assignments are varied and challenging, there is satisfaction in dealing with different people and finding solutions to complex problems. Last but not least, assisting creditors to achieve realistic results is always satisfying.
Geoff is a registered and official liquidator with over 25 years’ experience in insolvency. He specialises in all forms of recoveries for unsecured creditors such as the ATO, the Workers Compensation Nominal Insurer and finance companies. He has specialist skills in all areas of investigations and recoveries in insolvency. Many assignments he’s worked on have led to recovery for unsecured creditors including litigation and negotiating settlements to maximise returns.
- Leading a team dedicated to providing services to creditors and their legal advisors to recover amounts owed by the appointment of liquidators by the courts. This included enquiries into the conduct of directors and other parties, litigation to recover funds for creditors and reporting to statutory bodies.
- Supervising the investigation and asset realisation process for multiple assets classes such as vehicles, debtor and real property for a group of companies in the fire protection industry. This included litigation and negotiation to finalise claims against debtor building companies and developers along with claims against related parties.
- Realisation of funds held by a major bank with several claimants to the funds. Claimants included the ATO, a director and former accountant. Geoff resolved a dispute about actual value of amounts due by various parties and negotiated a release of funds that exceeded the claim of the ATO maximum claim to enable payment to other creditors.
- Appointed official liquidator of company operating hotel/motel in central Queensland. Negotiated sale of assets and business to landlord with priority creditors paid in full.
- Preparation of reports to ASIC that assisted in obtaining banning order against various directors for repeated breaches of the Corporations Act, 2001.
Qualifications and memberships
- Registered and official liquidator
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Associate Member, Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association
- Member, Chartered Secretaries Australia
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) – University of Western Sydney