After many years working in some hard turnaround environments, I can now apply my experience to deliver optimal commercial outcomes. From the client’s point of view, it’s the result and the time and cost of that result that really matters. Having spent so long addressing issues from that point of view, I always focus on delivering solutions that are cost effective.
Glenn has over 30 years of experience working within commerce and professional practice, joining BRI Ferrier North Queensland as a director in 2010 becoming a partner in 2013. Prior to joining, Glenn held diverse roles including chief operating officer, director – corporate and commercial, company secretary, group financial controller and general manager finance for a number of ASX-listed companies and a mid-sized privately held group. In addition to managing his own trade supply and property refurbishment business, he has substantial experience with construction, property development and management; and in the tourism & hospitality, media and horticulture industries. Since joining BRI Ferrier, Glenn has worked predominantly with financiers, business owners and legal counsel, earning a reputation for listening, understanding, quickly assessing key issues and in response, developing and implementing an appropriate plan. He has experience in compiling complex expert reports; advising on governance and management practices; and conducting business valuations, forensic investigations, contract management and fraud and economic loss assessments. Additionally, Glenn has extensive experience in the implementation of turnaround strategies.
- Managed an appointment to conduct a due diligence review for the acquisition and merger of a high profile passenger transport business with a turnover and assets of $35 and $50 million respectively. In his subsequent report, Glenn identified deficiencies in the operational transition planning within the business and confirmed profit and turnover forecasts.
- Undertook a forensic review on behalf of a major liquor retailer, reviewing a patron’s substantial claim for losses following an injury sustained on the retailer’s premises. Glenn demonstrated that the claim calculations were based on inappropriate assumptions and subsequently, based on Glenn’s findings, the matter was settled.
- Glenn provided operational and management assistance with regard to a complex rural land subdivision. Glenn renegotiated development conditions with council, settled a long running dispute with neighbours and negotiated the withdrawal of caveats affecting the property. He then completed a complex arrangement of easements, registered titles, commissioned an agency based marketing campaign and successfully negotiated the sale and settlement of the holding.
- On behalf of a vendor, Glenn conducted a forensic review of earn out calculations associated with a deferred acquisition payment following a business sale. Glenn found the purchaser to have under-reported earnings over two years by $4 million. While initially rejected by the business purchaser, the figure was upheld by an independent arbitrator.
- Glenn was engaged by a regional book store chain to review its profitability and ongoing feasibility. Glenn recommended the improvement of administration and financial reporting processes, the rationalisation of operations as well as the reduction of overheads through co-location of operations with other not for profit entities and a partial transfer of its operations online.
- Glenn has prepared numerous investigating accountant reports for various banks and SME clients. Glenn has conducted management and operational reviews, considered administrative controls and reporting, and analysed businesses profitability, asset values and viability. Where relevant, as basis for continued lending accommodation, Glenn has made recommendations to improve operations, administrative processes and reporting.
Qualifications and memberships
- Fellow, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Accredited Business Valuation Specialist, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Bachelor of Commerce, James Cook University