BRI Ferrier’s investigative accounting team undertakes detailed investigations, reviews and analysis that enable our clients to mitigate risks, protect assets, comply with regulations, make informed decisions and maximise opportunities.
Our investigative accounting services include:
- Financial reviews. We conduct comprehensive financial reviews of businesses to enable more informed strategic decision-making and risk mitigation.
- Transactional reviews and tracing. We help our clients to understand the asset pool of an individual or business. We analyse financial information, make independent enquiries and ascertain whether all assets have been disclosed. This enables us to determine the true size of the available asset pool from which recoveries can be claimed.
- Workout solutions. We assist financially distressed businesses with strategic workout solutions, such as background operations reviews; assessments of policies, internal controls and adherence; financial structure assessments; business plan development; cash flow management plan development; strategy recommendations and implementation guidance.
- Solvency reviews. We conduct solvency reviews on behalf of shareholders, directors or financiers concerned about the viability of a business. We consider the constraints on the business, future obligations and the implications of potential offences under the Corporations Act 2001.
- Fraud detection and compliance reviews. In relation to fraud detection, we can gather and assess evidence, interview witnesses and key staff, identify losses and potential recoveries, liaise with legal advisors and regulators, and provide evidence. We can also assist with fraud prevention through risk management strategies.