A variety of experience across insolvency, banking and corporate finance gives me a broad skill set which benefits the clients with whom I work.
Michelle has 28 years experience within private practice and banking, joining BRI Ferrier Western Australia in 2010. Prior to joining, she worked with PKF Chartered Accountants (PKF), where she worked with John Carrello, Principal of BRI Ferrier Western Australia, on a variety of insolvency matters. Additionally while at PKF, Michelle spent four years in the corporate finance division, assisting in the preparation of independent expert reports and valuations. Michelle provides services in corporate and personal insolvency, business recovery, business advisory and investigative accounting. Her key areas of expertise include banking related matters, litigation support and investigations. Michelle’s breadth of experience covers a broad range of industries including financial services, manufacturing, property, retail and tourism and hospitality. She has worked with organisations of all sizes from ASX listed top 50 corporations through to SME’s and government entities.
- Michelle assisted with the administration and then liquidation of Knightsbridge Finance Pty Ltd, one of the largest mortgage brokers and mortgage investment managers in WA. Knightsbridge had approximately $21 million invested in their mortgage schemes through one ASIC-registered managed investment scheme involving several hundred investors. Michelle helped to manage the schemes on a care and maintenance basis with funds provided by the Government of Western Australia through the Finance Brokers Supervisory Board.
- Michelle assisted with the general management of a family owned company which included a property portfolio, cash holdings and a trading optician. Michelle’s objective was to ensure that the businesses were operated independently while a property settlement case was brought to trial and heard in the family court. Michelle assisted with the business operations of the Company and the preparation of regular reports which were required by the family court.
- PKF were appointed accounting advisor to the Government of Western Australia with regard to the merging of two privately owned park operations into the location of a substantial wildlife reserve. Michelle led the facilitation of all parties including two partners representing PKF, an independent tourism advisory firm, a large commercial property advisory firm, two private park operators and representatives from various government agencies. Over the course of nine months, Michelle prepared and presented several reports examining the financials of the privately owned park operators, considered the forecast of the cost of capital works, analysed terms and conditions of draft agreements between parties and facilitated the end agreement. Consequently, a commercial agreement was reached with one of the privately owned parks, which made the transition to the government owned reserve and is now operating as a highly successful venture.
- From 1995 to 1999, Michelle worked with Banque Nationale de Paris (“BNP”) as a senior credit analyst in their Perth office. BNP has a client base of large national and multi-national corporates (which included a number of top 50 ASX-listed companies). During her time with BNP, Michelle was responsible for the management and development of the bank’s relationship with a select portfolio of clients and prospective multinational clients within the Western Australian corporate market place. This included the risk assessment and credit worthiness of these clients within the bank’s lending guidelines.
Qualifications and memberships
- BCom (Accounting)
- Associate, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Memeber of the Australian Institute of Credit Management