Often, the best success comes after times of difficulty, and the best way out of a crisis is to work through it. I guide individuals, businesses and stakeholders through difficult times to achieve the best possible outcomes.
David has over 25 years' experience in international corporate reconstruction and insolvency. He is a registered liquidator and has retained his insolvency licence for the United Kingdom. David’s experience includes working with Arthur Andersen in Dublin and London, and with a leading independent insolvency practice in the UK. His work has provided him with experience in Australia, most European jurisdictions and in the US.
- Appointed voluntary administrator of Ojay Pty Ltd, an iconic Australian fashion retailer. The business was restructured, downsized and returned to its owners in a viable state whilst preserving the value in the brand and the owners’ equity.
- Appointed voluntary administratorto Medgun Pty Ltd the operator of a large specialist cotton farm in northern NSW. The farm had been impacted by drought but our investigations also uncovered significant misappropriation of money by the farm manager. The farm trading has been stabilised and the farm manager is facing fraud charges.
- Appointed voluntary administrator, and subsequently liquidator, to TSV Australia Pty Ltd, a major electrical contractor and specialist provider to aged care facilities throughout Australia. This entity was a subsidiary of a listed company. The operations in Western Australia and South Australia were sold and an orderly winding down of the remaining operations was put into effect, maximising the return to creditors.
- Appointed by the High Court of England as administrator of Crisscross Communications Ltd and seven related foreign registered entities that operated a pan-European fibre-based telecommunications business. The business was dismantled in all jurisdictions and the assets and operations sold, resulting in a significant return to the private equity owners.
Qualifications and memberships
- Registered liquidator
- Member, Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Licenced insolvency practitioner (UK)
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland
- Bachelor of Commerce - University College Dublin
- Professional Diploma in Accounting – University College Dublin