BRI Ferrier can facilitate informal arrangements for financially distressed businesses as an alternative to administration or liquidation.
Informal arrangements might include:
- negotiation of standstill agreements with financiers
- repayment agreement or limited moratorium between a distressed business and its creditors
- stabilisation of business and identification of risk factors
- assessment of management
- compliance reviews
- cash flow and working capital reviews
- funding and other financial reviews
- divestment of certain business operations or assets
- implementing restructuring
- developing an operational and financial restructure plan.
As informal arrangements usually don’t require third-party involvement, they can be a cost-effective option. They may, however, offer only a short-term solution.
Here is just one example of our experience in facilitating an informal arrangement: