Through early intervention commercial outcomes are possible for all parties.
John is a director of BRI Ferrier with over 15 years' commercial, professional and insolvency experience with expertise in retail, insurance, construction, property and managed investment schemes. His speciality is in corporate recovery and business reconstruction, where his technical abilities complement his commercial skills. He prides himself on being able to critically analyse a client’s business in order to identify underlying strengths and weaknesses in times of financial distress.
John has provided an extensive range of insolvency and reconstruction services to corporate clients using the voluntary administration, receivership, liquidation and creditors' trust processes. His focus is always to find a commercial outcome for all stakeholders, through even the most challenging of circumstances. He also has experience in forensics where he has prepared a range of expert witness reports in insolvency-related litigation matters.
John has taken a senior role on a variety of insolvency appointments including:
- The administration of the Mothercare Australia group, a publicly listed company operating a retail business with 47 stores in Australia and New Zealand, over 500 employees, tiered secured lenders and assets in excess of ten million dollars.
- The administration of the King of Knives group, a retailer with over 50 stores (including 13 franchise stores) and approximately 100 staff operating across Australia and New Zealand.
- The liquidation of Trans Pacific Insurance Company, a foreign registered insurance company based in the Cayman Islands where insureds claims are in the range of 30 million dollars and multiple litigation matters.
- The administration of the Austruc group, a construction business with range of property assets and projects valued in tens of millions and approximately 900 creditors owed in excess of thirty million dollars.
- The administration of the Forest Enterprises Australia group, a forestry services business including a publically listed company and sixteen Managed investment schemes, operating in TAS, NSW, QLD, VIC and NT.
- The administration of the Wideform group, a formwork construction business of twelve entities with over 600 employees, operating large scale projects in NSW and QLD.
- The voluntary administration and liquidation of a non-performing and non-compliant bowling club in the Sydney region with several thousand members.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) Macquarie University
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Member, Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association