I am passionate about providing impartial and innovative solutions to financial issues in legal disputes. I thrive on seeking a deep understanding of the issues and developing fair, reasonable and commercially realistic solutions to financial disputes.
Jacqueline has over 20 years of experience in forensic accounting, providing services over a wide range of matters as expert witness and as forensic consultant.
Jacqueline’s forensic accounting experience includes quantification of losses in commercial disputes, breaches of contract and personal injury, and valuation of shares in, or businesses operated by, private companies, sole traders and partnerships for the purpose of commercial and family law proceedings.
As independent expert, Jacqueline has given expert oral evidence in the Family Court of Australia, the Supreme Court of NSW and the Dust Diseases Tribunal of NSW.
Jacqueline has carried out detailed investigations of companies’ affairs for the purpose of proposed acquisitions, quantification of fraud and assisting in negotiations to purchase private company shares or businesses. She has also provided litigation support services including assisting lawyers with the interpretation of financial aspects of legal agreements and preparing critiques of opposing expert reports.
Examples of types of relevant experience are:
- Investigation into the collapse of HIH Insurance
- Single expert and adversarial valuations of SMEs and large private companies in Family Law matters
- Valuations of SMEs and large private companies in commercial matters and stakeholder disputes
- Investigations into utilisation of funds, solvency and fraud
- Quantification of economic loss as a result of insured events
- Quantification of economic loss in breach of contract and tortious claims
Qualifications and memberships
- Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Member, CA England & Wales
- MA (Accountancy and Economics) – University of Dundee, Scotland